The Universe is a great place to be and experience the magical flora and fauna. To travel to the top leading safari destination in the world is to see, experience, and glow in awww. The world is for you to explore through the lens of tours and travel companies that ensure your travel diary is seamless with beautiful moments clouding your adventure across National Parks, Conservancies, Marine parks, lakes, Oceans, Forests, and Mountains.
Wakenya Watalii tours travel organizes your travel plans into an etirinery that is exciting, magical, and fulfilling.
The world travel awards, a worldwide body that recognizes players in world travel concluded their 27th award ceremony whereby Africa was awarded as the best travel continent in the world. “World Travel Awards™ was established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all key sectors of the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. Today, the World Travel Awards™ brand is recognised globally as the ultimate hallmark of industry excellence.”
Kenya, was recognized as the Leading Safari Destination in the world in the World winners category with other Africa states such as; Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zibwabwe following suit.
In the Africa winners, Kenya Airways was recognized as the Africa leading airline, business and economy class.
Nairobi, Kenya was named as the Africa leading business travel destination 2020. Other cities included; Accra,Ghana; Cairo, Egypt; Cape town, South Africa; Durban, South Africa; Johannesburg, South Africa; Lagos, Nigeria; and Pretoria, South Africa.
Fairmont, the Norfolk Kenya was named as the Africa leading city hotel 2020. Other city hotels that followed included;
- Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel, Dar es salam, Tanzania
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre, South Africa
- Hilton Durban, South Africa
- Hotel 2 Février Lomé, Togo
- Hyatt Regency Casablanca, Morocco
- InterContinental Nairobi, Kenya
- Pepperclub Hotel & Spa, South Africa
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Sandton Sun, South Africa
- Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, Morocco
Baobab beach resort and spa, emerged as the Africa leading Family Resort 2020 with close competition from;
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club
- Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort, Egypt
- Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, Kenya
- One&Only Cape Town, South Africa
- Sultan Gardens Resort, Egypt
- Sun City Resort, South Africa
- Voyager Beach Resort, Kenya
- Wild Coast Sun, South Africa
In the Africa leading green hotel category, Aberdare country club, Kenya emerged the winner beating;
- Hilton Hurghada Plaza, Egypt
- Hotel Verde Zanzibar – Azam Luxury Resort and Spa, Tanzania
- Morukuru Beach Lodge
- Nairobi Serena Hotel
- Nkwichi Lodge, Mozambique
- Zuri Zanzibar
In the Hotel category, Kenya did not disappoint either. Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari club was named Africa leading hotel 2020. In the competition list included; Al Salam Hotel Khartoum, Sudan; Arabella Hotel & Spa, South Africa; Fairmont The Norfolk, Kenya among others.
Jimi Kariuki, the Chairman Kenya tourist board said, “This is a big encouragement to everybody in the tourism sector and shows that even as we go through this difficult time, Kenya still remains the top destination in Africa. We shall continue to improve our tourism products and to showcase our diverse offerings globally so that we remain ready for take-off once travel resumes fully.”
The WTA awards featured more categories whereby Kenya was featured. This includes; Africa leading hotel residences 2020 whereby Palacina the residence & the suites, Kenya emerged the winner.
- Africa leading luxury hotel, Villa rosa Kempinski, Nairobi Kenya.
- Africa leading Luxury Tented Safari Camp, Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, Kenya
- Africa’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre, Kenyatta International Convention Centre, Nairobi,Kenya
- Africa’s Leading Tented Safari Camp 2020, finch hattons, Kenya
In the local categories, Kenyan establishments competed for accolades in their respective line of business. Among them were;
- Kenya’s Leading Beach Resort 2020, Diani Reef Beach Resort & Spa
- Kenya’s Leading Boutique hotel 2020, The Maji Beach Boutique Hotel
- Kenya’s Leading Business Hotel 2020, Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence, Nairobi Arboretum
- Kenya’s Leading Conference Hotel 2020, Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
- Kenya’s Leading Domestic Safari Carrier 2020, Fly540
- Kenya’s Leading Hotel 2020, Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
- Kenya’s Leading Hotel Residences 2020, Palacina The Residence & The Suites
- Kenya’s Leading Hotel Suite 2020, Presidential Suite @ Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
- Kenya’s Leading Luxury Hotel 2020,Sankara Nairobi
- Kenya’s Leading Resort 2020, Great Rift Valley Lodge & Golf Resort
- Kenya’s Leading Safari Camp Brand 2020, Governors’ Camp Collection
- Kenya’s Leading Safari Lodge 2020, Sirikoi
The World travel Awards has continuosly placed Kenya on the map as the leading safari destination therefore promoting international arrivals to experience the Magical safari.
Wakenya Watalii tours travel, is amongst the tour companies keen on preparing, receiving, guiding, and winding up a tour safari in Kenya with ease. Are you planning to visit Kenya, Africa? We are grateful to guide you around with exemplary rates.
For bookings, email us on:
Call or Whatsapp us on; +2547733578737